Careers at Duku
See our current vacancies below
Duku are a young, vibrant and growing product design consultancy, providing a complete design to market service coupled with an in-house patent & trademark team. We are searching for an exceptional product designer to work with us in designing, developing & engineering a diverse range of products.
The role will and allow the applicant to experience the process of taking a new idea from concept through to production. The successful applicant will be involved in generating new product ideas and concepts, CAD, prototyping, graphic design work and the manufacturing process, as well as working alongside professional Patent and Trademark Attorneys gaining to develop unique Intellectual Property for projects.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a high level of technical ability and a strong understanding of design for manufacture, as well as a flair for styling and presentation. They will also be hands on, client facing and motivated to find the right solution.
- Concept generation for new product ideas, proposing a range of solutions to a given brief.
- Developing unique intellectual property for clients.
- Create stylish but functional product solutions.
- 3D CAD engineering using Solidworks, for product visualisation, prototyping and manufacture.
- Produce fully developed / engineered components suitable for manufacture.
- Proof of concept prototyping of ideas.
- Produce functional prototypes of designs using techniques such as 3D printing, CNC machining and vacuum casting.
- Create technical drawings and manufacturing specifications for product manufacture.
- Involvement in branding, graphics and packaging using Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Produce high quality 3D visuals for client presentations using Keyshot rendering/animation and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Manage clients through the product development process.
- Liaise with manufacturers during the production quotation and manufacturing phases.
- Work closely with other members of the team to ensure the best solutions.
- Work on a variety of different projects and tasks in a range of product design areas such as injection moulded plastic parts, textiles, sheet metal products, electronics etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Degree in a Design / Engineering related qualification.
- Excellent sketch-work and presentation skills.
- A flair for product styling.
- Experience of developing mechanical solutions.
- Excellent Solidworks CAD skills
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite (Ideally Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- Experience of Keyshot rendering and animation (not essential but a plus)
- Proficient in MS packages.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes such as injection moulding.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable and confident communicating with clients, colleagues and manufacturing partners.
- Project management skills including the ability to work independently, strong time management and confidence to flag issues and provide solutions.
- Attention to detail
- Reliable, motivated and hungry.
- Versatility to work in a wide range of areas of product design.
Please submit a CV and Portfolio using the form below by the 31st October 2016. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org